Your honeymoon should be one of the most memorable and magical trips you take. Just like your wedding day reflects your personality, I believe that your honeymoon should too!
Here are some of my top tips for booking your Honeymoon.
1. What are the benefits of booking with a Travel Counsellor like yourself? I have over 25 years of experience and pride myself on delivering an excellent level of personal service. As an award-winning honeymoon specialist, I can offer advice and tips on the best options available, with a host of exclusive destinations and services for couples looking for a truly unforgettable experience.
Last summer I won the Wedding Journal Readers Award for Best Honeymoon Provider of the Year and in January I won the Best Honeymoon Planner 2019. Previously I have I won the Mrs2Be Best Honeymoon Provider 2015/2016/2017 following a detailed review process involving previous Brides & Grooms.
I work around my clients and am available to chat with them in the evening or at weekends, and I really do treat every honeymoon as if it were my own. Timing is everything, so I will help you to discover the best honeymoon destinations for each month of the year – that way you can choose the perfect place to start your married life together. The happiest day of your life deserves to be followed by a dream holiday, that’s remembered forever. That’s why I always promise a honeymoon for you to treasure.
2. Are there any mistakes that couples make when planning their honeymoon? Your honeymoon is not the time to try something really unusual that you may not like but it’s definitely the time to try something different and adventurous, whether it be camping under the stars on an African safari, white water rafting in Bali or some trekking in Costa Rica. Picking an exotic location is ideal if you have enough travel time and don’t mind long flights but not if you only have one week for your honeymoon. Walking hand in hand along a white sandy beach is amazing but not if you are both active types – it won’t be long until you start getting itchy feet.
3. How far in advance do you recommend booking? Airlines only tend to release seats 11 months in advance, however, it’s never too early to get ideas. Instagram & Pinterest now allow people to dream big way before ever heading off on that fabulous adventure and I often get couples contacting me 2 years in advance of their Big Day. Planning allows time to budget accordingly but more importantly allows adequate time for passport & visa applications and vaccinations if required. Factors that are often overlooked by couples and are of utmost importance.
4. Would you advise on a mini-moon before the wedding? Yes, especially if your dream honeymoon is to a destination where for example it’s monsoon season around the time of your wedding. Also, often there may be time and budget constraints so why not wait. It’s definitely a growing trend! We are so lucky to have access to so many fabulous European destinations that still have so much WOW factor.
5. Do you have any advice for couples who are not really sure what they want? Always remember, when it comes to planning your honeymoon, the world is your oyster - you may want to combine a few different destinations or have an unusual idea or request. Honeymoons are meant to be romantic, but even the most intense love birds need a break. However you envisage your special journey, I can tailor-make the perfect honeymoon to suit your requirements and always encourage couples to get in touch early to start getting some ideas of what they would like but also so they can rule out what they definitely don’t want.
And just as your choice of venue for your wedding day reflects your own personalities, you will want a honeymoon destination that suits you both too – remember there is no obligation to just lie on a beach for 2 weeks
Your honeymoon is a chance to enjoy your dream holiday, giving you time to unwind and enjoy each other’s company after all the planning and excitement of your big day. It really marks your first shared experience as a married couple. Please do get in touch to start planning your best adventure yet!