Departure Date: 31/05/2023
This self-drive tour takes you on an exciting journey through some of the most fascinating cities of the South. Starting in Nashville, the home of country music, and driving to Memphis, the birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll, you’ll have the chance to explore America’s iconic music cites. You’ll also drive south to New Orleans to experience all the sights, sounds and tastes of this wonderful city.
• Fly direct from Dublin to Nashville and pick up your hire car. Stay 3 nights in the Hutton hotel located steps away from Nashville’s Music Row. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame or take a tour of the Ryman Auditorium where the most famous country music stars play.
• Take a stroll to one of the many live music bars and enjoy the sounds of the south. You could also visit the famous recording studio RCA’s Studio B, or head to Grand Ole Opry, America’s longest running live radio show.
• Hit the road and head towards Memphis, the home of Rock ‘n’ Roll and Blues. Stay 2 nights at The Guest House at Graceland inspired by Elvis’ style and take an unforgettable tour through the most famous rock ‘n’ roll residence of Elvis Presley.
• Why not wander along the famous Beale Street and enjoy the lively atmosphere or visit the National Civil Rights Museum.
• Head for the bright lights of New Orleans for 4 nights. Begin your time here with an evening in the town sampling local cuisine and enjoying the atmosphere in a jazz club. There are many places to see and things to do in this vibrant city. A Mississippi river boat or classic city tour and wander around iconic Jackson Square and St Louis Cathedral. Explore the French Quarter and visit the historic Lafayette Cemetery or the Voodoo Museum.
• Fly to Dallas for your final 2 nights. Visit the Winspear Opera House, the Dallas Museum of Art or head down to Deep Ellum to hear some jazz and blues.
Price is based on 2 adults sharing in the Hutton hotel, Nashville on a bed and breakfast basis for 3 nights, 2 nights in the Guest house at Graceland, Memphis on a room only basis, 4 nights in the Wyndham, New Orleans and 2 nights in Doubletree Hotel, Dallas. Price includes flights from Dublin to Nashville, New Orleans to Dallas, Dallas to Dublin including 1 x 23KG checked bag each and 3-day inclusive car hire for collection in Nashville on day 4 and drop off in New Orleans. Depart from Dublin on 31 May 2023.
From €2180 per person
These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors (Ireland) Ltd, Travel Counsellors acts as agent for suppliers. The suppliers' terms and conditions apply to any booking, and they are available upon request. The offers and prices contained in this e-mail are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice to you. Prices and information correct at time of distribution. E & O E. Travel Counsellors is Licensed and Bonded with the Commission for Aviation Regulation, Ireland. Travel Agent Licence no. 621. Travel Counsellors (Ireland) Ltd., is registered in Ireland – 396139.