Reasons to book a solo-traveller holiday with Travel Counsellors
03 January 2019
Our passion for being personal comes out in every holiday we book for our customers, including holidays for those of you choosing to travel solo – whether that means independently to your own itinerary, or as part of a specialist tour group.
But as a solo traveller with no one to bounce your ideas off or to help you decide, it can be tricky to know where to start when it comes to sifting through the different options. That’s where we come in – whether you need a relaxing break or an adventurous once-in-a-lifetime trip, we have the knowledge and the personal experience to guide you to the very best holiday.
“The holiday you arranged for me was one of the best I have ever had. Being a solo traveller was not a problem because of your attention to detail and the kindness shown. The hotel in Santorini was especially good. Thank you again for a wonderful experience.”
Bertha, customer of Travel Counsellor
Why book with Travel Counsellors?
- Many of our Travel Counsellors have travelled both alone (sometimes during their back-packing youth!) and with groups, and hence understand which is best for your specific needs and your personal preferences. It also means they can tailor-make or source a holiday that will fit you like a glove, whether it’s a solo city break or an adventure holiday in the company of other solo travellers.
“I book a lot of this type of holiday. There has never been a better time for the solo traveller, with more choice and better pricing than ever before, from solo cruising (ocean and river) to dedicated escorted group touring itineraries worldwide. A solo/individual traveller likes to feel safe and relaxed, with no pressure to join in if they don’t want to.”
Ian, Travel Counsellor
- For those who really can’t decide between the benefits of independent solo travel and group travel, a Travel Counsellor can help you to combine the best of both worlds by tailor-making a holiday that combines the two.
- If you do decide on an independent trip, Travel Counsellors can take all the hassle out of travel planning, taking care of everything – right down to the tiny details that you might not even have thought of!
“I’m back from Australia! I had such a wonderful time, it’s hard to pick a highlight from all of the wonderful things that I did (although the Sydney Bridge climb and Uluru at sunset were unforgettable). I’d like to thank you for all of your help - not only did you bring the whole thing in on a budget, but the location of the hotels were all amazing, the taxi pick-ups were seamless and the day-trips were as awesome as I hoped. I loved every moment and have memories and pictures to last me a lifetime. I’ll certainly be calling on you when I have decided where to go next time and will recommend all of my friends to use your services.”
Lisa, client of Travel Counsellor
- Many of our Travel Counsellors regularly go on industry familiarisation trips, as well as travelling in their own right, giving them the insider knowledge that is vital to helping you choose the destination and holiday type for you. They also work together in a network of around 1,800 agents based in seven different countries, giving them a combined pool of knowledge and experience unmatched in the industry.
- Travel Counsellors has partnerships with thousands of hand-picked suppliers and trusted travel providers around the globe, ensuring solo travellers who book with us receive the highest levels of protection, care, support and service wherever and whenever they travel.
- Our 24-hour duty office, in partnership with your Travel Counsellor, ensures that every customer gets full, around-the-clock support before, during and after their trip, providing the peace of mind that solo travellers need.
- Our handy myTC app provides you with paperless travel documentation all in one place and connects you to your Travel Counsellor at the tap of a button – again, giving you reassurance and the knowledge that someone is looking after you throughout your trip.
- We have the highest customer satisfaction score of any travel company in the world, with a full 95% of our customers saying they would book with us again.
Some of our most popular destinations with solo travellers:
- South America
For inspiration and to book your solo-traveller holiday, contact your Travel Counsellor today.