Discover Japan Tour
From €5790 per person
• Fly to Tokyo to meet your fellow travellers and tour guide, and learn more about your tour. The next morning take a bullet train ride to Kanazawa where you will stay for 2 nights. Step back in time with a visit to the Higashi Chaya Geisha district. Stroll through Keroku-en, ranked one of the nation's top three gardens before exploring the historic Nagamachi Samurai district.
• Arrive in picturesque Takayama after a short bullet train ride and take in the beautiful scenery of this traditional city. Explore the Hida No Sato traditional folk village, and walk the quaint streets of the old town – lined with Sake breweries and craft shops.
• On Day 6 take a high speed train to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Park and Museum. The next morning take a ferry to the sacred island of Miyajima to see the famous floating Torii Gate and meet the friendly local deer. Enjoy time to explore the island and its many shrines and temples.
• Travel on a bullet train to historic Kyoto. Explore the marvellous Fushimi Inari shrine and walk under thousands of torii gates. Wander the impressive Nijo Castle and gardens before visiting Kyoto's iconic Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion. Spend a full free day discovering the Zen gardens, huge wooden temples, pagodas and shrines of Kyoto.
• On Day 11 travel by train to Kawaguchiko where you can relax at Onsen Spa, visit the natural hot springs in traditional style and soak in the waters. Enjoy a morning in Kawaguchiko exploring the Five Lakes region. Later, travel to Tokyo by train.
• Spend your final two days exploring the bustling city of Toyko. Explore the world-famous Tsukiji Outer Fish Market, then head to Zojoji Temple, the iconic Tokyo Skytree and the Imperial Palace grounds.
Terms and Conditions
Price is based on 2 adults sharing on this 14 day/13-night Discover Japan small group tour with G-Adventures. Price includes return flights with Etihad Airways including one 23 Kg checked bag each. A G-Adventures Chief Experience Officer accompanies the group throughout this 14 day Discover Japan tour which includes 10 nights in hotels and 3 nights traditional inns. Activities included: Higashi Geisha District visit, Kenroku-en garden visit, Nagamachi Samurai District walk, Hida No Sato folk village visit, Hiroshima Peace Park and Museum visit, Miyajima Island excursion, Nijo Castle and gardens visit, Kinkaku-ji Golden Pavilion visit, Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine visit, Lake Kawaguchiko (Five Lakes Region) walk and Kaiseki dinner. All transportation (Bullet train, tram, ferry, public bus) between destinations and to/from included activities is also included. Depart from Dublin on 20th April 2023. Important Note: As the World-famous Shinkansen bullet trains is used in this tour, there are restrictions on luggage size. Your luggage must be less than 160cm in total. This is roughly the size that most airline companies consider as "carry-on baggage" and allow in overhead storage compartments.
From €5790 per person
The Small Print
These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors (Ireland) Ltd, Travel Counsellors acts as agent for suppliers. The suppliers' terms and conditions apply to any booking and they are available upon request. The offers and prices contained in this e-mail are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice to you. Prices and information correct at time of distribution. E & O E. Travel Counsellors is Licensed and Bonded with the Commission for Aviation Regulation, Ireland. Travel Agent Licence no. 621. Travel Counsellors (Ireland) Ltd., is registered in Ireland - 396139.