Discover Rwanda Safari
From €6898 per person
• Start your adventure in Kigali and take some time to explore the city, known for its pleasant, friendly atmosphere. The following morning visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial and pay your respects to the victims of the 1994 Rwandan genocide. Later, embark on a walk in the vibrant Nyamirambo neighbourhood before travelling to northern Rwanda in the afternoon.
• The next morning set out on a trek in lush, jungle-covered hills with a park ranger to track a unique and endangered species—the Golden Monkey. Observe these playful, curious creatures in their natural habitat before visiting the Ellen DeGeneres Campus of the Karisoke Research Centre.
• On Day 4 embark on an unforgettable trek through the jungle alongside a park ranger to search for mountain Gorillas. This is followed by a visit to a local farming village to catch a glimpse of daily rural life.
• Head east to the Akagera National Park, offering a remarkable conservation story and home to the Big Five, Zebras, Giraffes, Elephants and hundreds of bird species. In the evening check into a comfortable lodge overlooking stunning Lake Ihema.
• Wake before sunrise for an early morning safari drive in search of the “big five.” Keep an eye out for Lions, Buffalo, Hyenas, and Antelope grazing freely here. In the afternoon, glide along Lake Ihema by boat, watching out for Hippos and Crocodiles. Spot more wildlife, such as Elephant and Buffalo, as they gather at the lakeshore to drink water.
• Head out for your final safari drive in the early hours when animals are most active. Look for Giraffes, Gazelles, Impalas, Baboons, Butchel’s Zebras, Leopards, and Lions. Depart through the northern edge of the park and travel overland back to Kigali for your last evening.
Terms and Conditions
Price is based on 2 adults sharing on this Wild Encounters in Rwanda Tour with G Adventures. Price includes return flights from Dublin to Rwanda including; a G-Adventures Chief Experience Officer accompanies the group throughout this 8 day Wild Encounters in Rwanda tour which includes 7 nights in hotels/lodges. Activities Include: Mountain Gorilla Conservation Sundowner Experience, Volcanoes National Park, Akagera National Park - Conservation and Community, Parc National de l’Akagera, Nyamirambo Women's Centre, Local Lunch, Kigali. All national park entrance fees. Genocide memorial entrance. Mountain Gorilla trek with permits. Golden Monkey trek with permits. Local village walk. Safari drives in Akagera National Park, Wildlife boat cruise on Lake Ihema. Arrival transfer and all transport between destinations and to/from included activities are included. Meals included - 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners. Departing from Dublin on the 15th September 2023.
From €6898 per person
The Small Print
These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors (Ireland) Ltd, Travel Counsellors acts as agent for suppliers. The suppliers' terms and conditions apply to any booking and they are available upon request. The offers and prices contained in this e-mail are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice to you. Prices and information correct at time of distribution. E & O E. Travel Counsellors is Licensed and Bonded with the Commission for Aviation Regulation, Ireland. Travel Agent Licence no. 621. Travel Counsellors (Ireland) Ltd., is registered in Ireland - 396139.