Departure Date: 18/02/2022
When it comes to natural wonders, there is very little that Costa Rica doesn't offer its visitors. With this itinerary, explore the unique cloud forests on the world famous Monteverde Sky Walk. You also have the chance to experience spectacular volcanic activity in Arenal Volcano National Park as well as trying some White River Rafting down the canyons of the mighty Pacuare River. End your journey by heading down to the white and black sandy beaches of Puerto Viejo.
• Your journey begins in San Jose. This first day allows you and other group members to relax and catch your breath after flying, before beginning thirteen more jam packed days of cultural exploration and adventures. Spend your day relaxing or exploring the city, before meeting your travel companions who will join you on your journey.
• On day two you will drive through Costa Rica's beautiful countryside, enjoying Monteverde and the surrounding area. Though it can be a bumpy ride, the spectacular views along the way are sure to make up for it.
• Your next day, is entirely up to you in terms of how you’d like to spend it, with a range of adrenaline filled activities to choose from. Why not try ziplining across the forest canopy, trekking through the exotic forest, horseback-riding at your leisure through the wilderness, or harnessing your inner Tarzan when touring the cloud forest? No matter what you choose, your day is sure to show you a plethora of wildlife including Sloths, Amphibians and native birds, namely, Toucans, Bellbirds and Parrots.
• Traverse through rolling hills to La Fortuna the next day. This town lies near the base of the Arenal Volcano and is a perfect launch pad to go wild. Let your adrenaline flow with a range of adventure sports to choose from including boat tours or waterfall trekking. You can also decide to opt for free time, exploring the region at your own pace and leisure.
• Enjoy a free day in La Fortuna on day five. Choose between white-water rafting, waterfall rappelling, paddleboarding or one of the many other activities this region has to offer. Enjoy viewing local wildlife, marvelling at the Arenal Volcano and getting to know more about Costa Rica’s La Fortuna.
• Your next day will kick-off with a half day cycle tour around La Fortuna. You can also choose to finish off your day by soaking in the hot springs at the base of Arenal Volcano.
• For your next few days, enjoy a guided rafting expedition along the Pacuare River, stopping at points to explore on foot, soaking in waterfalls, hidden canyons and viewing unique wildlife. During each night, stay in rustic jungle cabins built along the river in remote, scenic locations.
• After these few days, transfer from La Fortuna on the Pacuare River, before finally reaching the coastal town of Puerto Viejo, famous for its sun, sand and surf.
• Hop on a bike and take a ride to the beach, put on a rash vest, grab a board and get ready for your surf lesson. The picturesque village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca is known for its incomparable white and black sand beaches surrounded by exotic tropical vegetation.
• Exploring the local wildlife while in Puerto Viejo is readily available, as you can opt to see Monkeys at the Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge. Or if you so please, you could snorkel to see the unique marine life. Taking it easy is also an option and to do so we recommend exploring La Isla Botanical Gardens.
• Return to San José and take advantage of a final day to shop for souvenirs. Finally board your flight home as you dream of tropical lush cloud forests and unrivalled
Price is for a solo traveller on this 14-day small group tour named Costa Rica Active Adventure. Price includes 13 nights in a single room return flights from Dublin, experienced officer guide throughout, Meals (3 breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 dinners), Surfing Lesson, Overnight Pacuare River rafting trip, Guided hike (Pacuare River). Guided cycling excursion (La Fortuna). Bike ride (Puerto Viejo). All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors (Ireland) Ltd, Travel Counsellors acts as agent for suppliers. The suppliers' terms and conditions apply to any booking and they are available upon request. The offers and prices contained in this e-mail are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice to you. Prices and information correct at time of distribution. E & O E. Travel Counsellors is Licensed and Bonded with the Commission for Aviation Regulation, Ireland.
Travel Agent Licence no. 621. Travel Counsellors (Ireland) Ltd., is registered in Ireland - 396139